Posted February 12, 2020 by Stevenage Leisure Limited
£8.98 per hourCasual / TempDunstable
The Grove Theatre
SLL is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading leisure trusts. We currently work closely in partnership with local authorities in Hertfordshire Bedfordshire and Rutland to manage 22 leisure and cultural facilities across 12 towns.
We are looking for Duty Managers to work within the Grove Theatre on a casual basis.
In this role you will become a key member of the supervisory team responsible for the building, ensuring the successful running of front of house operations during cinema screenings, shows and functions.
You will supervise the front of house team, run the bars, and liaise with other departments to ensure all events run smoothly, as well as assisting the Head of Front of House with the day-to-day duties of the department. Whilst on shift, you will be responsible for supporting staff, completing show reports, cash handling and banking, organising a staffing plan, and ensuring all legal obligations for health and safety, and bar licencing are adhered to at all times.
What we are looking for:
• A keen interest in the arts
• Have experience in a customer facing role
• Have excellent customer care and communication skills both face-to-face and over the phone
• Be IT literate
• Have a flexible approach to work as a mix of daytime, evenings and weekend work could be required
• Must be over the age of 18, as duties include overseeing the bar area
• Experience in a supervisory role
• Have an understanding of GDPR
SLL aims to be an employer of choice and offers many benefits including free Gym membership for yourself, discounted gym membership for a nominated friend / family member and/or discounted use of facilities across the SLL Leisure, Theatre and Golf Sites, discounts at major retailers and attractions, ongoing training and fantastic career opportunities